‘96% of our staff would recommend a friend to work at St John’s’ (Staff Survey 2018)
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic HLTA to join our excellent team. As a valued member of our staff, you will play a vital role in the delivery of our KS2 curriculum. You will work closely with the Class Teachers to secure outstanding provision, compliment teachers' delivery of the curriculum and contribute to the development of other support staff, students and academy policies and strategies and most importantly engage our children in a love of learning.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player. You should have a track record of building positive relationships with pupils in order to support them to make exceptional progress, be committed to developing your own practice and share the school’s high expectations for all pupils.
Our children have compiled a person specification and they require:
- “St John’s is a special place and it will need to have a special, wise teaching assistant. We need somebody who likes reading stories to children”
- “If you are a positive person with good characteristics this job will be perfect for you”
- “We don’t mind if you’re a man or a woman, if you have green or blue eyes, if you’re tall or short or if you have long or short hair”
- “Our children are strong, honest, polite and will treat you with a good attitude. You will see them focusing on their work”
- “The children here all have different backgrounds and different experiences”
- “Please don’t be shy, we will be friendly and welcome you like part of us”
St John’s is a special place and we need a special sort of person.” Year 4 School Councillor.
- Play a fundamental role in shaping the direction and future of our children
- Be part of a highly successful network of schools both locally and nationally
- Receive bespoke training and support in order to be the very best you can be
- Have the capacity to bring innovative ideas to the classroom
“Here at St John’s our children’s needs are the foundation of all our decisions. We value emotional intelligence, academic skills and creativity equally, nurturing each child’s intrinsic enjoyment and desire to learn whilst also shaping their interior posture.” Andrew Knight, Headteacher
“I’ve only been working at St John’s for half a term and I’ve felt so supported by the team here. We really help each other to do the very best for the children.” Class Teacher
“Everyone who works at and with St John’s knows that the children always come first in all that they do. They all want to do the very best they can for the children.” Year 2 parent
St John’s CE Primary School is an Academy within Bradford Diocesan Academies Trust. If you are successful in being appointed, the Trust will be your employer.
If you think you can give our children the love and support they need, a visit to school is recommended prior to submitting an application. Please call Lesley Burton at St John’s CE Primary to arrange.
Due to safer recruitment guidelines, applications will only be considered on our official application forms which are available from the Career Opportunities tab of our website www.stjohnsceprimary.co.uk. Completed applications must be returned directly to the school to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application is Friday 5th April 2019.
Trust details can be obtained from www.bdat-academies.org
CVs and applications will not be considered.
All posts involving direct contact with vulnerable children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
St John's Church of England Primary School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to satisfactory vetting, including a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
Life in all its fullness at its heart